Online Providers for High School Credits
Lodi Unified School District allows students to enroll in online courses for credit recovery, enrichment/advancement, or grade recovery.
Taking a course online requires that the student be responsible for the following:
1) Research: To determine if the course/subject is:
- equivalent to a Lodi Unified school district graduation requirement (credit recovery) or
- approved on the UC A-G course/subject list (enrichment/grade recovery)
Go to: https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist
Select Institutions if you want to see any eligible provider. Select courses if you are looking for a particular class. Then, be sure the filter for School Type is set to Online. Click Apply Filters.
2) Registration: To enroll for the course including payment of fees/materials.
3) Record Keeping: To provide an official transcript from the provider in order for our high school to post on transcript. To request a separate official transcript be sent to the college(s) for admissions requirements/college applications, if needed.
4) Review the following 3 options and choose one that best fits your situation:
1. ____ This course/grade is being taken for credit recovery to make up for a failed graduation requirement and will be posted as credit and factored into the grade point average (GPA) on the high school transcript.
2. ____ This course/grade will be used only as an enrichment course for post-secondary requirements (to advance a level in a math or foreign language or enroll in an elective). The class/grade will be posted on the high school transcript but will not receive credit nor be factored into the GPA. This class will still be factored into the GPA on your UC or CSU application.
3. ____ This course/grade will be used to fulfill grade recovery for a post-secondary admissions requirement for a subject course that a D grade was earned in. The course will be posted on the high school transcript but will not receive credit nor be factored into the GPA. Therefore, the original grade will not be repeated (R) or removed from the transcript.
*Online courses taken through the UC A-G list may not be used for lab Science courses unless it contains a wet lab component.
** If you are using this option to help qualify for NCAA, it is the student’s responsibility to check if the NCAA will accept the specific course(s)/online provider you choose. Search by school name here after you have found it on the A-G Course List (link above).
*** If you are using this option to help fulfill admissions requirements for any four year post secondary institution, it is the student’s responsibility to check if the college(s) will accept the specific course(s)/online school you choose.